Jul 25, 2022
In this episode, Mary and Cooper talk about how to navigate during these uncertain times and help you craft a plan to continue to focus on your career goals. When facing a major career change, whether the change is your decision or not, should begin with being prepared. We talk about ways we can help guide you to face a new chapter in your career and get you where you want to go, quicker and with fewer bumps in the road.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”
What to Listen For
Questions to ask yourself to prepare for a career change:
1) Know your why. Is your work unhappiness temporary or permanent?
2) What does your perfect role look like?
3) Start NOW. BEFORE you leave. Have you looked at the job market? Is there a role/company you want to work at? If you lost your job today, are you prepared?
4) Have you networked lately?
4a) Interviewing skills have cobwebs? Do some mock interviews.
5) Should you stay, or should you go?
6) Negotiate – what do you want? Have you asked for it?
7) Save – what does your emergency fund look like? What’s your saving plan?
8) Does right now make sense?
9) Is there a side hustle you’d like to start up?
Check-in with Sweet but Fearless